Too many of the self-publishing programs available today teach you how to market to specific outlets, but not how to publish a quality book that will earn well-earned praise. In the Bold Story Press Write and Publish Your Book program, we talk about the tried and true tenets of good writing and give you a solid foundation on the publishing process.
Why are the books of Malcolm Gladwell consistently so popular and why do they sell so well? Success is best achieved by understanding success. Studying successful books that continue to sell and understanding the core principles they used in producing that book will help you to create a book that will sell well.
The poorly written book expertly marketed will sell just as few books as the expertly written book that is poorly marketed.
When Stephen Covey wrote “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” he drew on research he gathered by studying 200 years of published American self-help books. Napoleon Hill’s books were based on 20 years of boiling down the success methods of over 500 movers-and-shakers of that time.
Writing should be approachable and fun, not torturous. By optimizing your space for your writing style, creating a daily writing routine, and gathering and acting on inspiration, you can build a long-term writing process you can rely on for years to come.
The Bold Story Press eight-week learning experience will teach you the common classic principals that successful authors have used for 100 years.
Do you have a book inside of you dying to get out? Whether it’s a business advice book, a memoir, or a novel, we can help you get started writing and publishing your manuscript. In the BSP Write and Publish Your Book program, we focus on the information and skills you need to take you through this journey:
- Why Do You Want to Write? It’s important to be clear about your motives for writing your book. Do you want to entertain? Educate? Inspire? In this introductory class we look at motivation, inspiration, and narrowing your topic.
- Understanding Your Market
- Your book won’t be successful if you don’t know your market and really understand your readers. We’ll talk about the importance of understanding why the market leaders are successful and how to survey your readers to position your book for success.
- Writing: Tried and True Basics That Really Work
- In this important class, we’ll look at voice, working with objectives and an outline, incorporating stories and real-life examples, and the importance of the introduction and conclusion. We’ll talk about how to improve your writing skills.
- Developing a Writing Practice
- Downloading your brain, organizing yourself, writing a first draft, how to overcome writer’s block, and writing succeeding drafts are all topics for discussion.
- Every book needs an editor. Whether it’s proofreading, copyediting, or developmental editing, we’ll talk about what value good editing will add to your book.
- In this class we’ll talk about print publishing, ebook publishing, and audiobooks. We’ll talk about the pro’s and con’s of publishing decisions like trim size, paper weight, and covers, and we’ll cover the basics of copyrights, ISBN’s, etc
- After the manuscript is complete and the editing is done, the book begins the production process: learn about the types of cover design and book design.
- Launching Your Book
- When it comes to marketing and selling your book, there is so much to discuss: reader’s reviews, cover blurbs, building an author’s website, mailing to your mailing list, and social media promotion.
In addition to the content we cover during in-class time, you will benefit from the following valuable resources:
- Engaging with a vibrant writer’s community where you will find feedback, support, motivation, and community.
- Editorial review – help identifying the right editorial process to take you from first draft to finished manuscript.
- Two complimentary 30 minute writing coaching session with me.
The class will be taught live by Emily and has a limited number of seats.
Registration is now open for class beginning January 6th, 2021 and will close when seats fill.
Start Date – January 6th, 2021, 7:00pm eastern
Tuition – $797.00*
What is Included?
- Eight 1.5 hour live classes delivered via Zoom.
- Private Facebook group for class inspiration, motivation, and collaboration.
- Multiple resources including best-selling books on writing, templates, guideline sheets, and more.
- Two thirty-minute private consultations with Emily.
- Access to recorded classes after the class ends.
Ready to reserve your seat?
*Scholarship assistance available. Please contact Emily Barrosse for more information.
“We catalyze the power of the most vulnerable girls and young women to create the future they imagine — for themselves, for their communities, and for Africa.”
CAMFED is a pan-African movement, revolutionizing how girls’ education is delivered. Through a gold-standard system of accountability to the young people and communities we serve, we have created a model that radically improves girls’ prospects of becoming independent, influential women.